Re: gnupro toolkit?

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 08:34:04PM -0800, michael shiloh wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Tom Marshall wrote:
>
> i'm searching through my notes to see how i did this, but i
> just want to make sure i understand, please confirm my
> question below:
>

> > I am trying to setup eCos for an x86 target.  I have successfully built the
> > eCos host tools from CVS and installed them, configured the "pc" target, and
> > here's what I get when I run make:
> >
> > i386-elf-gcc [...] /usr/local/ecos/packages/services/memalloc/common/current/src/heapgen.cpp -o heapgeninc.tcl
> > make[1]: i386-elf-gcc: Command not found
> > make[1]: *** [heapgeninc.tcl] Error 127
> >
> > I assume that I need the GNUPro tools for
> > compiling stuff on the target machine
>
> you mean cross compiling to the target machine, right?

Yes .. I assume my normal Linux "gcc" won't work because it's going to build
binaries for Linux/glibc.  If I was compiling for another CPU such as ARM or
SuperH, I would certainly need a cross-compiler for it.  I assume the same
will probably apply for the "pc" target .. if nothing else, for the
different crt0 code, linking and such.

--
Unplug and get connected: http://www.seattlewireless.net/