File system + block device drivers

Hi!

I should port an existing file system to eCos. After glancing eCos FS
support sources I have noticed a few issues, which I would like to discuss:

1. Current directory (getcwd, chdir)
Is the current directory on eCos designed to be tracked per each thread
independently? If so, is this the responsibility of the eCos file system
manager (upper layer) or underlying file system implementations?

2. Block device driver
As far as I could see, eCos still hasn't got complete block device
interface. Namely, it seems that the following issues are not yet
supported/defined:
- request handling policy (access via sectors, scatter-gather list (?))
- block device geometry. In particular: sectors, sector size, device size,
physical format ioctl etc.
- removable block devices (egg. check_media_change, revalidate)
- partitionable block devices (egg. /dev/hda => /dev/hda1, dev/hda2)

Is there any current work in that direction?  If not, is there any publicly
available framework/document/model/policy on the block device drivers
development?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Jura