Ethernet arp/problem

I'm having a bit of weirdness with the ping_test.  It was working originally
when I had set ecos up with a static address, but when I switched to DHCP it
stopped, and now after having switched back it is still out to lunch.

A tcpdump indicates that ARP who-has requests are going out and being
replied to, but the ICMP ping packets no longer go out.  I had rebuilt the
library and the tests after changing the DHCP options.  Is there a setting
that could cause this to happen?  Iguess the basic symptom is that no TCP
packets go out, but broadcast ethernet traffic like ARP's and BOOTP's go out
fine (it is able to DHCP its IP address fine).

Any help would be appreciated.

-Erik Reikes