NETDEVTAB entry ???????????

Hello,

I am in a process of developing my own interface (similar to
normal loop back interface as implemented in if_loop.c)

My problem is I want the existing loop back interface and my
interface enrty in the __NETDEVTAB__. I have created my own file
and added the interface entry using the NETDEVTAB_ENTRY macro.

I have also updated the net.cdl with my file and compiled the
entire net package. It compiles fine.

When I debug support.c, my device entry is not registered in the
__NETDEVTAB__. As a result I am not able to create an ifnet
structure for the same. Only standard loop_init is registered.

Is this the right procedure? Will be glad if anyone can help me.I
am working on synthetic linux platform.

Thanks,

Regards,

Kaustubh