Re: Does anyone use UART interrupt with redboot...???

??? wrote:

> I've worked with a Hynix GMS30C7201(ARM720T) evaluation board.
> At first, I tried to use serial port by polling mode,
> but it was losted data.
> So I decided to use serial interrupts. and then I've been looking for
> some example of serial interrupt routine with redboot.
>
> How do you use serial port...??? By polling or interrupt...???
> Why don't use serial interrupt with redboot...???
> Is it enough your board to use polling mode.....???

We've sometimes had this problem ourselves on slow processors because
redboot does a fair bit of processing on each character, but we've used a
slower baud rate or supported flow control instead. RedBoot is designed to
be run with interrupts disabled, so to change that interrupts would have to
be enabled, but with every other interrupt masked.

You could also disable things that slow down the character processing like
line editting. Look at the code to see.