Re: Re: Serial interface for i386

On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 Jonathan Larmour wrote :
> satish s mantri wrote:
> >
> > Sir,
> > I am thankful for your suggetion.
> > I need assistance at the following stage.
> >
> > 1.I am working on i386(target) booted via RedBoot.
> > 2.Linux is on the host.
> > 3. connected via serial and using Gdb
> >
> > I want to write an interface so as to make my
> application send data through serial.For that how do i
> get the handle of ttyS1.
> >
> > when i try cyg_io_lookup("/dev/ttyS1",   ) and do
> debug in the search loop i get the values for device
> names as
> >    1)dev/ttydiag and
> >  2)dev/haldiag
> >
> > hence the lookup fails and i am not able to get the
> handle.
> > Is my approach ok?
> >
> > Am i suppose to give some other name inatead of
> /dev/ttyS1 ?
>
> Look in your eCos configuration. Perhaps you haven't
> *enabled* serial
> devices, or TTY support. If you use the configuration
> tool v2, this
> provides an easy way to see what's up with your
> configuration.
>
> Jifl

Sir,
Thanks for your continued advice.

My setting.
1)Target i386 booted with redboot.
2)Host is on linux connected to target via serial cable and debug via i386-elf-gdb.
3)No other serial connection exist.

As per your instructions i got the handle of my device.
I am  trying to send data via serial communication.
Now i make a call
  cyg_io_write(handle,*buf,*len) while executing
The prog hangs at pc_outb.I am not able to make out whats to be done.Do suggest.

Thanks
Satish