Re: memory allocation

Jing Luo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't got answer for the memory allocation and performance for eCos.
>
> For the MAX multi-thread eCos supported, I am not sure that eCos can support
> unlimited thread concurrently.
>
> I got the report on internet, it said the max thread priorities eCos can
> support is 32. I don't know if it is changed.
> http://www.dedicated-systems.com/encyc/buyersguide/rtos/Object153.html

Actually this is an interesting point as I see the basis for why it says
that: CYGNUM_KERNEL_SCHED_PRIORITIES in the kernel configuration is limited
to 1 to 32. But for the mlqueue scheduler that restriction should not
apply. You could just remove the "legal_values" line I'm pretty sure.

> I checked the online document, the current released eCos version is 1.4. But
> all the discussion are based on 1.3.1.
> And the CVS site has the source code for 1.3.1.

The latest is something like 1.5.10 actually. But these aren't public
releases. The latest public release is 1.3.1. More up-to-date releases have
only been available to paying customers - everyone else can use the
anonymous CVS repository if they need more recent changes. That will change
when v2.0 is out.