Serial port

 Hi,all
 I am working with ecos and an Xscale board which has only one serial
port.I want to take back to the host data from the platform(Xscale board)
through the serial port
 However how can I do this ,since the serial port will be occupied by the
GDB every time I download a program to the platform.

 THank you