Re: Porting redboot to TQC

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 01:12, Daniel.Andersson@combitechsystems.com
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to port the existing MBX board (PowerPC) to another
> board called TQC850. Does anybody else on this list use the same board?
>
> Since i want to make redboot run on the same CPU as a previous port (MBX)
> but on another board - what do i need to change? I have made the appropriate
> changes in the startupfile .S (i hope..) and also changed the memory layout
> in eCos config tool. Are there any more changes that has to be made prior to
> download?
>
> Regards, Daniel

Rather than changing some existing configuration, we suggest that you
"clone" it and create a new configuration, adapting the details in the
process.

Looking at two similar targets should give you the basic idea of how
this is done.  For your case, I'd suggest comparing the mbx port with
the viper port - both PPC860 based, but quite different boards.