Linux or ecos?

Hi,

I want to develop an application that should run on different target
(i386, arm, mips).
The application itself is very simple and only needs access to serial
devices and to ethernet (with TCP/IP).
First I thought about using Linux as OS, but it should be used as
minimum RAM and FLASH as possible. The target hardware should have a
maximum of 1 MB RAM and 0,5 MB FLASH, so I have to shrink Linux more
then "make menuconfig" can do.
Here is my question, should I use ecos instead of Linux? How much RAM an
FLASH is needed For such a simple application, when using ecos.

Thanks
	Roland