a puzzle

Hi,

I was confused for a long time by a question. I search
the discussion board and found a lot of people who has
trouble in building a standalone program (ROM version)
from the RAM version normally has the redboot running
on the board while developing the code.
Since a standalone program is my final goal, if I only
need the kernel to handle the interrupts, exceptions,
threads and timers, etc.  Do I still need to port the
redboot on a custom board? In other words, without the
redboot(or any other debugger) running on my board, do
those functions (such as cyg_thread_create() ,
cyg_interrupt_create,  cyg_counter_create,
cyg_exception_set_handler() ) work? If they do work,
which packages I should choose in my case to build the
library, is only kernel package enough?

Actually, without the redboot running on the board, I
wrote some code using cyg_thread_create() function and
the code does work. Does it mean I can use all the
functions of kernel without porting redboot? If I am
right, then what kinds of functions do need the
support of redboot?

Also, for the  debugging purpose, I  have to include
GDB stubs in my app, will it be an potential problem
for building a standalone program from Ram version?
Thanks so much, any recommendations and ideas will be
highly appreciated! Help me please.