Re: a question regarding vectors.s

On Sat, 2001-10-20 at 04:43, kiki w wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Now we are using eCos to develop code for a custom
> board with ARM7TDMI core. When we generate the
> library file using eCos, we included kernel package
> only.
> We changed the target.ld file according to the memory
> layout of our board and now we could download the code
> and run prefectly.
>
> But there is one thing I am not quite sure, before I
> can
> download the code into the board, I have to set up
> several registers such as EBI_CSR0, EBI_CSRI( chip
> select register) and SF_PMR( protect mode register)
> to enable the access to the on chip and on board
> memory.I think maybe there will be a way for me to set
> up all these registers in the vectors.s file, I
> checked the eCos file and find one file  under the
> directry
> ecos\packages\hal\arm\arch\current\src\vectors.s
>
> Can I modify this file to set up the above registers
> and generate the library again(get vectors.o file) ?
> If I can, how to modify?
> Thanks so much!!.

The way to provide these sort of setups is in the HAL
platform specific setup file.  On the ARM, this is called
  hal/arm/PLATFORM/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h

Look at the ones for the Assabet (StrongARM) or edb7xxx
(ARM720 code) for examples.

You should not need to modify vectors.S in any way.  Also,
the changes you made to "target.ld" should be reflected in
the MLT files, as this file is generated automatically.