Re: eCos MIB file?

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 07:10:22PM +0100, Hugo Tyson wrote:

> Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> writes:

> > A customer has asked for a copy of the MIB file for the eCos
> > SNMP agent.  I've found the mib2c sutff in the eCos source
> > tree, and the output from mib2c appears to be there, but I
> > can't find the MIB file.
> >
> > Is the MIB file available somewhere?

[...]

> Either the UCD SNMP release from UCD, as in the doc [somewhere,
> I hope ;-)] Or if you install the SNMP RPM you get with your
> lovely Red Hat Linux, they'll all be there.  (The SNMP host RPM
> tools that is, not kernel/daemon stuff.) That's all I've ever
> made our Systems Dude do if my development machine gets an
> upgrade.
>
> What I'm saying really is: there is no specific MIB file for
> the eCos SNMP agent.  It implements most of the "standard"
> MIBs, that you get with any standard set of SNMP host tools,
> such as snmpwalk, snmpstatus et al under Linux; or whatever
> your SNMP host tools are.

I'm not sure I understand your answer.  The C language source
files in the eCos source tree are generated from a specific set
of MIB files.  Where are those files located?  On your machine
where you packaged up the SNMP stuff or on my machine where I
build the SNMP stuff?

IOW, at what point in the process do the MIB files get compiled
and how do I know which MIB files are compiled/implimented?

I've got a customer who wants copies of the MIB files used by
the eCos SNMP agent, and at present I've no idea what files to
give him.  I've got a set of 33 MIB files on my development
machine, but I don't know if those are the ones used by eCos.

If they are, I don't know which ones to give hime -- I'm pretty
sure not all of them are implimented by the eCos agent.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com