Re: RedBoot - Bug in _rb_gets()?

Gary Thomas wrote:

> However, on closer inspection, I don't think that this really
> makes much difference, at least not for RedBoot's main command
> loop since it will never call _rb_gets() with a timeout larger
> than the "idle" time.  It would possibly make a difference for
> other routines which might want to use _rb_gets() with a very
> large timeout, so I'll leave the change.

The reason why I asked was because the exec-linux function
for example in arm/sa11x0/var/current/src/redboot_linux_exec.c
uses the _rb_gets() routine - and they actually changed it
since I checked it out the last time.

They are using the CYGNUM_REDBOOT_CLI_IDLE_TIMEOUT value and
a while() loop so the parameter for _rb_gets() is small enough.

Nevertheless, I think you should make the change and probably
use the CYGNUM_REDBOOT_CLI_IDLE_TIMEOUT value instead of MIN_TIMEOUT.

Thanks,
Chris