Re: TFTP bug

Pushparaj wrote:

> Hi Gary,
> Ok, let me tell you what I am trying to do exactly.
> I am trying to download a " .out" file built at 2MB in the RAM with the -r
> option, for raw file download in the load command.

Which platform? And _exactly_ which command are you using to load it? The
memory address you are loading to is the most interesting thing. Are you
sure it isn't overwriting RedBoot's RAM area (generally the bottom 64K/128K
or so of RAM)

> It gets aborted  after
> 0x13800 bytes of download after which it stops. As I said the redboot sends the
> packet of destination port as zero and the tftp server gets confused and sends a
> destination unreachable message. I know downloading a ".out" file is of no use
> in RAM but I am just trying.Will it create problems ?

A .out file is at a guess ELF format (as in a.out?), in which case no that
wouldn't work, but you can use the objcopy utility to convert to a better
format like srec.