Re: semihosting problem

>>>>> "Shaojie" == Shaojie Wu <swu@zmicro.com> writes:

Shaojie> with the redboot installed on board, seems I can use prontf()
Shaojie> to write to console window, but without the redboot,even I
Shaojie> use angle and serial port instead of embeddedICE and jeeni, I
Shaojie> could not see any message on the console window by using
Shaojie> printf().So I am wondering whether there is any way to
Shaojie> configure the GNU debugger, so when I am using jeeni and
Shaojie> embeddedICE(without redboot), the semihosting function can be
Shaojie> still supported. If there is, how should I do?

You need to configure the eCos application to include the necessary
drivers. In the default configuration it will rely on RedBoot for
various things, such as printing, which is why you have problems.

Change the option CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE to 1 and
you should be better off.

Jesper