does eCos/GNU debugger supports EmbeddedICE?

Hi,

I plan to use eCos and GNU gdb as the development kit to
development our cutsom-built board which has a AT91FR4081
chip. I am not quite sure about couple of things:

1. I want to use the embeddedICE (on chip debug extension)
to communicate with the custom board via JTAG interface,
I know the ADW( Arm debugger for windows) provides
some ways to configure the embeddedICE  to communicate with
target core, I was wondering whether the GNU gdb also has
same kind of function to communicate with core by using
JTAG and embeddedICE. If it has, what are the detailed
steps/commands? where I can find such documents?

2. ADW has some programs for flash downloading, Does
eCos and GNU gdb has similar programs?if it it does,
how can I use it?

Thanks so much.

Shaojie