Re: question about "VIRTUAL_VECTOR_SUPPORT"

Tony Ko wrote:

> hi.
> look at the satement below,
> "Enable use of virtual vector calling interface. Virtual vector support
> allows
> the HAL to let the ROM monitor handle certain operations."
>
> does this satement mean " when exception occurs  while ecos running,
> the exception can be processed by REDBOOT" ?
> I think ROM monitor is same with REDBOOT in this case.
> If so, some exception can be processed REDBOOT exception handler even
> while eCos running, right?

I'm not quite clear on what you are asking here. But yes the application
will hand over certain operations to RedBoot using virtual vectors.

But in most cases when it comes to processor exceptions, a RAM-loaded eCos
app will not take over the processor exception vectors in the first place -
but that's not related to *virtual* vectors.