Re: Questions about GDB Ctrl-C support.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 02:28:31AM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> >  My snapshot doesn't have it anywhere.
> > It also doesn't have *_INHERIT_CONSOLE or *_DIAG_TO_DEBUG_CHAN.
> > Now that I'm overhauling my HAL, I guess I should update to a
> > newer snapshot (something I haven't been looking forward to).
>
> If you're wondering about these types of things and just want to have a
> quick look at the current CVS repo, you could try CVSweb:
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/?cvsroot=ecos

I grabbed a copy of the current snapshot, and I'm going to try
to get my HAL running w/ that.

> No.
>
>> Where is the identity of the diag channel (1) stored?
>
> A pointer to the current diag channel is stored in the virtual
> vector table. But if claiming comms (or not inheriting
> console) then that will be overridden to use the default
> channel.

That should work, since I'm going to configure the application
HAL to always use one channel for diag and the other for debug
(the third gets taken over by a proper eCos device driver).
RedBoot will use any of the three (or telnet) for a console,
but I'm going to require people to use a particular port for
gdb "remote" connections.

> There's no concept anywhere of trying to preserve the channel
> number, but using a separate instantiation of the channel
> functions (i.e. functions in your program, rather than
> RedBoot).

Cool. Thanks,

--
Grant Edwards