Re: Questions about GDB Ctrl-C support.

>>  VV are not RedBoot (or vice versa). Please read
>> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/porting/hal-calling-if.html

Grant> Yes, I've read it.  My understanding is that if I let my eCos
Grant> apps use VV services provided by RedBoot, then RedBoot has to
Grant> be present in memory, it has to be initialized, and it has to
Grant> be a version who's VV interface is comptabile with the VV
Grant> interface used by the application.  Is that not true?

True.

>> In summary: if you want the application to provide all the
>> services, simply set the options so all vectors are claimed by the
>> application on startup. RedBoot will not be used then.

Grant> But I do want to use RedBoot.  I want to use its GDB stubs.  I
Grant> just don't want to use use RedBoot for non-gdb services (printf
Grant> output).  I'll look at the VV interface stuff again, but I
Grant> didn't see how to enable one without enabling the other.

Well, the stub uses the debug channel and hence the driver RedBoot
provided for driving that channel. however, the stub code internally
uses VV (IIRC) so you should be able to CLAIM_COMMS in the application
(i.e., the application provides the drivers used by printf) and still
be able to use the GDB support (which will then call into RAM for
printing).

Grant> So I added an ISR to my HAL that checks for CTRL-C and calls
Grant> the "add-breakpoint" entry in RedBoot's VV table.  That routine
Grant> is the only place my HAL that uses RedBoot, so the only time
Grant> you have to have RedBoot present is if you want to use it for
Grant> debugging via GDB.

Is that a run-time option then?

Jesper