ecosconfig issue

Hi,

I am planning to port redboot to a new platform based on xscale. What are
the steps needed. From the eCos reference manual these were the steps I
found. Please confirm those steps and help me out in understanding them.

	1.	Adding eCos configuration information.
		Question: how do you add the new platform. How eCos know of
new platform. When we run "ecosconfig new <platform>", what configuration
files it reads. Documentation says,
packages/hal/arm/arch/current/pkgconf/hal_arm.h and
packages/hal/arm/<platform>/current/include/pkgconf/hal_arm_<platfrom>.h,
these files dont exist for iq80310.

	2.	Memory layout description.
		Qustion: What files are used,  documentation says,
mlt_arm_<platform>_<startup>.[ldi][mlt]. But seems like these are
automatically created by the ecosconfig in the build directory.

	3.	Memory controller initialization.
	Question: What files are used?
	4.	Interrupt controller handling.
	Question: What files are used?

	5.	Serial device driver for GDB and diagnostics output.
	Question: What files are used? and where are these files?

	6.	System timer initialization and control.
	Question: What files are used? and where are these files.

	Any other document available that explains this process.?

	thanks

	naeem