Re: hi NICK GARNETT - TCP/IP stack of ecos for i386 PC

"Avinash Dumbre" <avinashd@aftek.com> writes:

> HI,
>
> Can I use the current ecos version with the beta release of the TCP/IP =
> stack for a target platform of i386 PC
> Can the TCP/IP stack work on i386 platform since the doc for tcp/ip says =
> nothing about the stack implementation for i386.
>
> PLZ help me.
>
> Thanking u in anticipation.

While the TCP/IP stack would work fine on the i386 target, we do not
currently have many device drivers for ethernet hardware - this is
still a fairly new component. Currently we have drivers only for ARM
and PowerPC targets. However, one of these, for the EBSA board,
actually uses an Intel EtherPRO/100+ PCI card and so in theory would
work with minimal changes on an EtherPRO/100+ in a PC. However, we do
not have the PCI support code for the PC platform implemented yet.

Of course if you want to put in the effort to make it work, and
contribute it back to the project, we would be very pleased.

--
Nick Garnett
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat Company