Re: Documentation sources

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> Are the sources for the documentation available somewhere. Im assuming
> you don't write html directly, but are using docbook or something to
> generate the HTML, or PDF.
>
> I keep adding new features to eCos and i thought it was time i start
> writing some documentation for them!

Great!  At last an engineer willing to do documentation without a gun held to
their head ;-)

Seriously though, we are in the process of converting all our documentation
from a proprietary format to docbook and will be opening the documentation
sources via anoncvs. Already RedBoot documentation has made the converstion so
should be released sometime soon.

As for the remaining docs, if anyone does have documentation for eCos they
would like to contribute, they can send it to us in plain text format for
inclusion in the proprieatary format (and hence into the PDFs and HTML
currently generated), and later into DocBook. I will need to get back to you on
image format.

-- Alex