Problems with running applications

Hello Everyone,

I'm still plugging away with eCos, but have hit a wall a far as
execution of the compiled application is concerned.

I've written a test application (Source code provided at bottom of
email), compiled and linked it against the eCos library, and transfered
it to the target host (i386) via serial.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to
view any printf() statements on the target-pc's screen, but am pretty
sure that the application is running.

Also, the program seems to hang in i386-elf-gdb/insight once it has
reached the "cyg_libc_invoke_atexit_handlers()" from the exit.cxx file.

Conditions:
a) My eCos build was done from the command line by issuing:
$ ecosconfig new pc
$ ecosconfig tree
$ make
b) I'm using the 'current' version of the eCos source repository, and
the updated version of 'ecosconfig'.
c) My build environment is Cygwin/Windows-2000.
d) I'm using i386-elf-gdb with the Insight front-end to transfer & run
my applications.

Is eCos' stdout the screen, a serial port on the target machine, or
somewhere in gdb?

(I experience the same things when running the programs supplied in the
example directory of the eCos repository)

Thanks,
Peter Blair

--Source Code--
#include <stdio.h>