Re: gdb 'next' problem with i386 HAL

Hi,
I also have such behaviour of the debugger.
My host Linux Redhat 6.2.
gdb version: i386-elf-gdb --verison returns GDB 5.0.
eCos version (with Redboot)  from anon CVS  (Juli 25)
--
Boris Guzhov,
St.Petersburg, Russia

> John Gumb wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've managed to get the i386 HAL up and running without too much
bother - the only oddity I have is with GDB. The 'step' command works fine
but the 'next' command simply results in the program continuing without
breaking at the next line.

> > I have seen some posts related to this in that the gdb front end
translates 'next' into a setting of a temporary breakpoint and then issuing
a 'continue' so I could imagine I might see this sort of behaviour.