Re: TCP/IP over PPP

David.Karlberg@combitechsystems.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it  ...\src\net\eth_drv.c  that I should rewrite to create my
> "connection" to PPP ?

I don't think that is most appropriate because things like the MAC address
aren't relevant for example, and this expects the MTU to be 1500 bytes. You
would probably want a separate common PPP-specific layer that did similar
types of things to eth_drv, but also PPP-ish things, probably using the
current eth_drv.c as a starting point.

> Or in wich file should I access the TCP/IP stack to connect it to ppp?

You can plug in a "ppp0" device by adding your device to the NETDEVTAB.
This then gets initted in src/ecos/support.c in the stack.

Now, in the ethernet driver this driver would call into the "common" driver
i.e. eth_drv.c, which would attach the interface to the stack. In the case
of PPP, this type of thing would be mirrored in your PPP clone of eth_drv I
mentioned above.