Re: Problems with GDB on MPC8240

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for that. We found that the instruction we expected is not
really there in the memory. The problem is solved now. There was a
small mistake in the porting of the call
"cyg_hal_plf_serial_getc_nonblock()" call. We were missing out the char
'0' on reception; so the program was not getting downloaded properly.

I do have still more problems. The program is not stopping at the given
breakpoint. Do I need to port any extra stubs for my platform. But I
saw the that the 603 pased simulator works fine in this regard; so I
think even MPC8240 based board should work the same. Or does
the "target sim" at the (gdb) prompt of "powerpc-eabi-gdb" will take
care of this. Should I port the InstructionBreak exception of 8240 also
for this.

I have one more doubt. My sample application is a hello program (which
I took it from the eCos example secion). I'm expecting "Hello" at the
gdb   console; but I'm not getting it. The reason for this is
incorrect serial device base address specified in the serial driver at
"packages/devs/serial". My doubt is "Can the serial driver within hello
application pack the string ..hello.. as required by the gdb protocol
so that the gdb console can understand" Or "if it donot can the gdb
console print it on the host properly".

Thanks and Regards,
K Srinivas Aithal