Re: Configtool libtarget.a build malfunction?

    harri> It looks like the Configuration Tool 2.0 builds the library
    harri> by replacing lib members, not recreating the whole library.
    harri> Example situation: I want to remove POSIX pthread support
    harri> and write my enhanced pthread_create() etc.. If I just
    harri> uncheck POSIX thread support and rebuild, the pthread
    harri> functions remain in libtarget.a, resulting to redefinition
    harri> error in my application link phase. Is this intended for
    harri> some obvious reason?

There are a number of problems with the current makefile generation
code, and unfortunately they do not have easy solutions. One
fundamental problem is that the system does not preserve enough
readily-accessible state to know what files were appropriate to build
for the previous configuration, so that it can figure out what has
actually changed.

The whole makefile generation system needs a major overhaul.

    harri> Now I must save to another xxx.ecc and build all.

That is the safest course of action for now, regrettably.

    Andrew> All it realy needs to do is remove the install/lib
    Andrew> directory.

Nope, that does not work AFAIK. Generating the libraries happens via
side effects, rather than explicit dependencies between archive
members and object files.

    Andrew> I think the clean target also removes any source code you
    Andrew> may have in the work tree. I found this out the hard way
    Andrew> :-(

Yes, another of the known problems.

Bart