Re: eCos file system question.

> Also, in the "redboot" sub-directory of eCos install tree, there seems also a "fs"
> sub-directory for IDE/e2fs and some disk operations.   Redboot supposed to be used
> for debugging support of the target system.  What are these "fs" supposed to do in
> the "redboot" section?  Any documents related to this?  Since the source was updated
> in less than a month ago.  The author to this section (msalter), can you give out a little
> hints on what this part does?

In addition to debugging support, RedBoot is a bootloader. The fs support in RedBoot
allows RedBoot to load an image from disk. The first filesystem chosen was e2fs so
that we can load a Linux kernel from disk. Other filesystems are under consideration
but there are no definite plans at this point. RedBoot's needs for a filesystem are
much simpler (read-only, no buffering) than eCos' needs. That is why the initial
support was added to RedBoot specifically and not eCos generally. The RedBoot user
guide has some information on how to use this disk loading support.

--Mark