Re: When PLATFORM_SETUP1 code is executed?

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira wrote:

> when this code is executed? Only when the application compiled is intented
> to be a ROM Monitor?

Only when it is to be booted from ROM.

> Let me see if I understood it correctly (please correct me): It depends on
> the variable CYG_HAL_STARTUP_ROM, which in turn is defined only if
> CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR is defined.

No, the other way around - CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR is only defined when
CYG_HAL_STARTUP_ROM is defined.

> So when the application is compiled to
> be loaded to RAM this code doesn't need to be executed since it has
> already been executed by the monitor (but then the memory is not
> remmaped!!??).

> Even if it is compiled to be loaded to ROM, but not as a
> monitor (RedBoot for instance), the code is also not included since the
> monitor has to be executed before, which in turn transfer the execution to
> the application.

You can't have built the application for ROM startup, and expected a
monitor to already have run!

If you are saying that there is a platform out there that does not run
PLATFORM_SETUP1 for ROM applications, then let us know what it is.