Re: eCos 1Aug release ARM7 posix build error.

felixwong@i-technologies.cc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Anyone tried the current release of eCos with "arm-elf-gcc" tools?
> I tried severial platforms & select the template of POSIX (e.g. for Atmel EB40 board).
>
> The conflict part didn't shown any error or warnings.
> However, during compilation an error message occurs:
> /cvs/ecos/packages/compat/posix/current/src/mqueue.cxx:73:48:new:No such file or directory.

You are building with GCC 3.0, rather than 2.95 as we are still
recommending for arm-elf - partly for reasons like this :-). We are
updating our sources to work with the gcc 3.0, but this still isn't
complete.

You can avoid this problem by recompiling your tools - but this time also
check out newlib (http://sources.redhat.com/newlib ). Then in your gcc
source tree, at the top level (where there are directories like bfd config
include gcc libstdc++-v3 etc.) symlink the newlib and libgloss directories
in, e.g.

ln -s PATHTOCHECKOUTNEWLIB/src/newlib
ln -s PATHTOCHECKOUTNEWLIB/src/libgloss

Now rebuild gcc from scratch and instead of using "make all-gcc
install-gcc" use "make all install".

This should hold off the problem until the transition in the eCos sources
is complete.