RE: Problems with RedBoot on x86 generic pc...

Since mine isn't working either, I figured I'd chime in.

  > "Matthew M. DeLoera" wrote:
  > >
  > > BTW, I didn't thank some of you for responding to my previous
problem
  > > with building for a pc target. With Jifl's CVS update, it now
builds.

  > > Anyway, my current problem is with RedBoot. I built the x86
version
  > and
  > > booted with the diskette. It seems to come up, and I see a RedBoot
  > > prompt on my screen. I'm assuming that even though I can see it on
the
  > > local console, the local console isn't active, right? So, I have
  > use
  > > a serial port or network, right?
  >
  > Yes it should be active. Is it not?

Nope, mine isn't active.

  > On the console, what happens if you type "+$k#6b" (without the
quotes).

I assume you mean the local console.  If so, it does nothing for me.

The redboot I'm using is the June 8th binary on the website, redboot.bin

p.s.
I have the same problems as Matthew except I don't have a compatible
network card in the machine.  I have an NE2000, but it's set to PNP mode
at the moment.