Re: Questions about Interrupt and Handler?

MJLiu@mxic.com.tw wrote:

> 1. As we know, the relationship between exception type and its respective
> vector address in ARM7TDMI is as follows:
>
>     vector address        exception type
>             0x00         Reset
>             0x04         Undefined Instruction
>             0x08         SWI
>             0x0C              Prefetch Abort
>             0x10         Data Abort
>             0x14         Reserved
>             0x18         IRQ
>             0x1C         FIQ
>
> And as we know, in eCos, there exist the mechanism of interrupts and
> exceptions, and there are distinct spaces for exception and interrupt
> vectors.
>
> My question is that which exception vector addresses of ARM7TDMI are for
> exception vectors in eCos, and which are for interrupt vectors in eCos?

All are exceptions except IRQ and FIQ which are interrupts (despite the
indication otherwise in hal/arm/arch/current/inclued/hal_intr.h). Although
Reset isn't really an exception anyway.

> 2. I need to program exception and interrupt handlers for ARM7TDMI. So, are
> there any source code examples for exception and interrupt handler
> installation and manipulation?

Most device drivers do.

> 3. Are there any detailed documents and source code examples for VSR
> (vector service routine) manipulation?
>     In eCos documents, it seems that they do not mention how to install
> VSRs. Would someone tell me how to make it?

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/ecos-ref.9.html#pgfId=1023460

It's an assembler routine. Examples are the default routines in vectors.S
in hal/arm/arch

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/