Re: A patch for Assabet PCMCIA driver to work with PRETEC

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Larmour" <jlarmour@redhat.com>
To: "Trenton D. Adams" <tadams@extremeeng.com>
Cc: "'Gary Thomas'" <gthomas@redhat.com>; "'I-Jui Sung'"
<ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] A patch for Assabet PCMCIA driver to work with PRETEC

> "Trenton D. Adams" wrote:
<deleted>
> >  But what if it's only a problem with his card, and not the PRETEC card
> > in general?

    Maybe Trenton is right, though I can't get another PRETEC card to verify
it.
    My card might be the last one in the whole 3C mall around my place. :-)

> Unless I'm mistaken, the choice of field to query is arbitrary. However it
> seems Gary did already apply the change internally (I assumed he hadn't).
> In the absence of better information, just trust the contributor!

    I think what I changed is just the way to detect the card, so it should
not
    affect the normal operation of other cards. (I've said it's a workaround
:-)

> Although one thing occurred to me that I wondered about that I may as well
> ask: whether I-Jui tried increasing the delay before the read to see if
> that made a difference.

Yes, that's exactly what I did before trying to change the querying field .
(But I soon gave up this way when I found that a 1000 ms delay still changes
nothing :-)