Re: JEENI with ecos

Nicola Bergamin wrote:

> Hi, I've seen an interesting clue for debugging with Jeeny into flash.
> We use Cirrus EP7209 processor (Arm 720T), and the latest Jeeny
> software.
>
> I am only able with ram based program,despite Jeeni's manual
> isntruction.
> Do you have any hints to debug a real program in flash?
> Note: we use both ARM std2.51 and GDB/Insight environment.
> The problem is that Jeeny is not able to catch the program when I
> wake it up.
> Any hint ??
> Thanks a lot

Indeed it is not always easy to connect to a program running from flash.
My target boots at 32 kHz and I an often able to connect to the Jeeni while data is being copied from
rom to ram (where it starts with ldr r3,.__rom_data_start in vectors.S).
Another good idea would be to put a sequence like

     static int flag = 1;
     while (flag);

in your code. Then just wait until you believe it is waiting for you and connect to the Jeeni.
This prevent your code from running beyond your point of interest.

Also do not forget to use the GDB command

     set rdiromatzero 1

before you connect to your target, otherwise GDB will trey to take over some interrupt vectors.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards,

     Rob Jansen

Software Engineer
Competence Center Platforms
BU Mobile Communications
Meijhorst 60-10, 6537 KT Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-24-353-6329
Fax: +31-24-353-3613
mailto:Rob.WJ.Jansen@philips.com