Re: Porting ecos on at91 eb01 board

harri.siirtola@vtt.fi wrote:

> > At 19:56 4.7.2001 +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> > >With Carl's permission we could bring Carl's eCos tree tarball onto the
> > >eCos site and update it with your changes.
> > >
> > >If you would be interested, perhaps if Carl and yourself could provide a
> > >copyright assignment (assuming Carl does own all the copyright on it),
> > >would you be willing to bring this port up to scratch so it could be
> > >included in the main eCos sources? I'm sure a lot of folks would be pleased
> > >if it was, it seems quite in demand on the list.
> >
> > I'm ready to give it without any copyright hassle. For such a simple port
> > (and probably not complete), I don't want to make things too complicated.
> > Let me know what Carl thinks, my port is based on his code anyway.
> >
> > >Jifl
> >
> >         Harri
>
> Sorry, I've been out of touch for a while.
> You guys have my full permission to release the code and do practically
> what you like with it :-)

If you are stating that you're putting the files into the public domain,
that would avoid the assignment itself. But when I talked about the
assignment, I was also including the "disclaimer" part which has to be
signed by your employer. This is needed because most people's contracts in
the software industry say that all intellectual property belongs to the
employer. This is even true of universities. So we'd really need that at
least from both of you.

We can still put together a tarball that is distributed separately, but it
wouldn't be able to go in the eCos sources properly meaning it may be
subject to bitrot.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/