Re: redboot load.c

--

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:47:59
 tpoper wrote:
>Hi all:

>   When I read the redboot/load.c,I notice the following code in do_load:

>#ifdef CYGPKG_REDBOOT_NETWORKING

>    mode = MODE_TFTP;

>#else

>    mode = MODE_YMODEM;

>#endif

>    Whether it is nessary to set the mode to ymodem mode when we exclude networking.And did the ymode protocl does need a real modem?If any one knows the reason?

no, its not necessary that u choose ymodem, you can as well specify x modem in the load command option.
   you dont need a real modem though, you have to run either minicom or hyperterm to send the files down the serial port. specify the same protocol to minicom or hyperterm as you would have specified for Redboot.
   hope this helps.

>[足不出户 轻松上网] 上网专用号:95963,用户名/密码:263
>化妆品夏日特惠,降价狂潮!  http://shopping.263.net/category04.htm

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!