Re: ARM Development with multi-ice from South Africa

David Airlie wrote:

> What I can't understand however is why RH don't release the non-building
> source code to their gdb-multi-ice server thingy, as a lesson to the
> reader, then someone who has the ARM include files already can build it,
> or maybe someone who doesn't have them can write something that
> approximates a clean room version of them, or maybe something that takes
> the DLL and build some class of header file from it ...

If someone needed to look at that code first it wouldn't exactly be a clean
room implementation would it :-).

While what you say is strictly correct as long as we only distributed the
_source_ code and never binaries, it would encourage people to breach the
GPL. We don't want that to happen. And it would be frowned upon in the free
software community.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/