Re: Problems with Assabet touch screen driver

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, I-Jui Sung wrote:

> I have download the touchscreen driver for Assabet from 3GLab,
> (at http://www.3glab.org/developer/ecos/)
>
> After compilation with default ecos template,
> it seems that the touchscreen driver will stop working
> (i.e no longer return from a blocking read after a pendown)
> after about dozens of pendown event even when I run
> the test programs come with this package.
> (In my last experiment, after 50 touches,  the touchpad driver stopped
> working.)

There is a 'feature' of the assabet board that shuts down the serial port
after 30 seconds of inactivity. This may be related to what you are
seeing. Try debugging via ethernet. Alternatively, you may find that
pressing the GDB stop button causes the 'missing' event to appear.

> Also, while running the calibration program,  sometimes message like
> "exh 4" will appear after a pendown event. Why this message?

This is a memory fault. Try enabling CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_DUMP_EXCEPTIONS and
seeing what the PC value is when the fault occurs - this can be then cross
referenced with the output of arm-elf-objdump -d to determine the function
name in which the exception is occurring.