Re: ARM Development with multi-ice from South Africa

The last I heard ARM and Redhat were in lawyer land trying to sort this
out .. as far as I know ARM never want this to happen, as it means people
aren't locked into buying their compiler when they buy a Multi-ICE,...

I ended up getting an EPI Jeeni ICE for working here, only drawback is gdb
can't see eCos threads, (even though fixing this should be possible.. I
haven't got time..)..

Another company called Ashling Microsystems (www.ashling.com) make an ICE
that works with their debugger, you can't use it with GDB, but their
debugger supports GNU dwarf II symbols, and works reasonably well with
eCos (no threads or backtrace however), but can follow code paths.. and
understand symbols ...

all my work in on ARM7TDMI, your mileage may vary :-)

Dave.

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.