Re: Driver interface to eCos

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Ok, thanks.  Now I have couple of other questions problem.
>
> If trying to add the package to my current configuration using the
> Windows Config Tool v1.3.1.2 I get an error saying "Add and remove
> packages by selecting a new hardware template."  How do I resolve this?

See below.

> My ecos.db entry is below.  I copied it from the assabet one.  What are
> the pcmcia_edb7xxx, edb7xxx_pcmcia, etc for?

aliases so that you can do an e.g. "ecosconfig add pcmcia_edb7xxx" on the
command line. Somewhat less relevant for a hardware package admittedly!

> > Looks fine. You need to add an ecos.db entry for the package
> > and list it in the "target edb7xxx" section of ecos.db.

You missed out adding it to the target edb7xxx section of ecos.db. Packages
declared with the "hardware" property can't be added to an existing
configuration. Yes, this is a limitation that needs to be addressed some
time.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/