Re: Can't compile server_test.c

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Thanks Jonathan, much appreciated.  I didn't know __ECOS had to be
> defined.  Is it better practice to put the __EDB7211 and __ECOS #defines
> in the source instead, or on the command line?
>
> p.s.
> Why do my other simple programs compile fine without __ECOS?  I suppose
> it's because they don't actually use any kernel APIs or something right?

It's specific to the net stack port. You don't need it for the rest of
eCos. It has to be _everywhere_ that the net stack header files can be
used, so adding it on the compile line is less error-prone.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/