RE: Rebuilding RedBoot for EDB7212

On 14 Jun 2001, at 4:26, Gary Thomas wrote:

<SKIP>

> > for EP7xxx. Flashing the image that I get with this build, it seems
> > that RedBoot is only able to connect with serial line and download
> > an application to RAM, but it has no Ethernet and FLASH support even
> > if the related checkboxes are highlighted in the ConfigTool. Did
> > anyone face the same problem?
>
> That's because you didn't include the drivers for any of these
> devices.

I'm using is the graphical Config Tool (1.3.1.2) for Windows; I
choose the "Cirrus Logic EDB7XXX" template, with the RedBoot
set of packages. Then I set EP7212 as a processor and ROM as a
startup enviroment. Examining the configuration, yes I noticed that
"Cirrus Logic ethernet driver" and "Cirrus Logic EDB7XXX FLASH
memory support" sections are greyed out, but I didn't find any
dependency to enable them. Why?

> Follow the instructions in the RedBoot manual for rebuilding:
>
>   % ecosconfig new edb7212 redboot
>   % ecosconfig import
>   ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/edb7212_redboot_ROM.
>   ecm % ecosconfig tree % make

So, should I build RedBoot only from command line, and not from
the graphical tool?

bye- Stefano
BlueWind                Electronic Design
I-31033 Castelfranco Veneto (TREVISO)
Via Steffani 7/B
VOICE   +39 0 423 723431
FAX     +39 0 423 744738