Re: gdb remote debug problem...running an ecos applicatio

Srinivasan Sriram wrote:

> 1. On my target screen I see a lot of output and
> somewhere highlighted in between is my output "HEllo
> world". How do I eliminate all that output?
>
> 2. I would like to eliminate null modem cable and
> remote debugging. Now I want to boot my target and
> execute my program from a floppy.
> What are the files that need to go to the floopy,
> inorder to achieve this end?
>
> Any documentation or help in this regard?

For a start, we've just revamped all the x86 support last Friday. I'd
strongly recommend updating to current CVS.

After that it should just be a case of changing the CYG_HAL_STARTUP in your
eCos configuration to floppy, rebuilding eCos and then relinking your app.
Then convert your built app to binary format and write it to floppy.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/