From: jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com
[mailto:jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Larmour
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 12:08 PM
To: Trenton D. Adams
Cc: 'Julian Smart'; 'eCos'
Subject: Re: [ECOS] NASTY bug in eCos ConfigTool 1.3.1.2 Win32

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Ok, I'm starting out with a project that has already been saved.
>
> Now I change from RAM to ROM, or the other way around.
>
> Now you know the little '*' that usually appears to indicate you've
> made a change?  Well, it doesn't appear.  If I click on save anyhow
> and then exit, and come back in, the RAM/ROM option I changed is back
> to the way it was before the change.  If I don't click on Save but I
> do exit, it asks me if I want to save.  If I select yes, then the
> option is actually saved, and is there when I come back in.  I have
> also tried going "File|Save As" and selecting the same filename, but
> that doesn't work either.

I think I know what this is, and although it isn't a bug as such (more
unexpected behaviour), it should be fixed.... The problem is that if you
change the startup type from RAM to ROM, the config (as indicated by the
'*') doesn't notice. If you click anywhere else in the configuration
pane, _then_ it will notice and the '*' will appear.

It's caught me out before too, but I never requested it be fixed I don't
think :-|.

Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223)
271062 Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley ||
Opinions==mine Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in
Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions
http://www.redhat-techworld.com/