RE: OSloader file for ipaq

On 09-Jun-2001 Weilong Li wrote:
> I have downloaded the file using netscape on linux,
> and then copied it to windows98 machine, then
> I use activesync to transfer it to the ipaq.
> However, after I copied OSloader and redboot_WinCE.bin
>
> to \mobile device\my pocket pc\ directory, and
> run OSloader, choose Tools->BootLdr->Run,
> and then I saw the black screen, and it stuck there.

Odd.  However, at this point you need to connect the serial port (the
only port supported at this time) to a terminal emulator like minicom
or hyperterm @ 38400/8N1.  Did you do this?

> Are the OSloader and redboot_WinCE.bin at
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/redbootbins/ipaq/the
> latest version? Gary, since in your previous
> discussion, you pointed out that you just
> fixed the bug in redboot for ipaq.

These files are up to date.  Make sure that you transfered them in
binary mode.  You should check the files:
$ md5sum OSloader *.bin
4b36faf83910e115b7abfb31811bd880  OSloader
28493dbd55f1f948be7db603a4a17146  redboot_ROM.bin
c56b54ccc82343bbdacbc4b159a4a2b6  redboot_WinCE.bin

> Also, the document didn't tell me what directory
> to put redboot_ROM.bin.

This file does not need to be loaded using ActiveSync - you'll download
it later using RedBoot itself.