Redboot with 1.3.1

hi,
  i have the ecos-1.3.1 version running on my board(my own crafting) with an ARM core.but till now i didnt have the support of a debugger as i ran into problems with gdb.
  could i now compile Redboot along with 1.3.1 and use it as a debugger, as trying to port the new release of ecos will be another exercise.
  i think cdl of Redboot will trouble me, am i wrong?

thanks
rajeev

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!