Re: Bug for Cirrus Logic EDB7XXX??

>But we may have a terminology problem here. We previously somehow
>understood that the EP7209 had no DRAM controller. But according to
>http://www.cirrus.com/design/products/overview/index.cfm?DivisionID=6&SubdivisionID=28&ProductID=109
>it clearly does. Gary, comments?

Query: What is it on that page that makes you believe the 7209 has a DRAM
controller? The document you reference above doesn't actually mention the
acronym "DRAM" anywhere. The only memory types it specifically talks about
are ROM, FLASH and SRAM.

The functional diagram on p.1 of the EP7209's data sheet (Dec 99, DS453PP2)
does show A0..A27 also serving as DRA0..12 a la the 7212, implying the
existence of a DRAM controller. However I think this is a "templating
error". The EP7209 lacks a DRFPR register, at least documented, so the DRAM
controller can't be supported, if it does exist on chip.

The truly interesting thing is that the EDB7209 development kit brief
states that the board has an EP7209 and 16Mb of EDO DRAM. In which case, I
don't see any difference between the EP7209 and the EP7212.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."