Re: Redboot and MPC8240

K Srinivas Aithal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The "supported hardware list" in the redhat web site
> shows that redboot is not supported on the 603e
> (simulator) based platform. My board is an MPC8240
> (603e core) Sandpoint board from Motorola. Is it very
> time eating to port the redboot on to my borad.

Support for the 603 came up recently. There _is_ a ppc60x variant HAL in
the anonymous CVS sources. It's probably not complete, but since you'll
have to do a board port anyway, filling in the gaps isn't likely to be of
much consequence, and all the framework is there.

There are several powerpc ports already around to base a port on, so it may
not take too long depending on your experience, and whether the board is
awkward :-). If you are short of time, or want to be sure of a high quality
port, and/or want good support, you could consider contracting Red Hat to
do the port for you. If you would be interested in that, feel free to
e-mail <ecos-info@redhat.com>