Re: Angel again - some progress

harri.siirtola@vtt.fi wrote:

> I disabled the UART FIFOs with Win Device Manager and now I can upload my
> eCos application (sometimes...). Trying to run lights up the EB40 red LED
> and Insight hangs. What does the red LED mean? I couldn't find Angel
> documentation, I suppose it's only shipped with ARM SDT. I have ASPEX and
> didn't get it.
>
> I think the execution doesn't even get into main() as I have a breakpoint
> there. Single stepping right after upload shows the PC in reset vector area.

Have you built a "RAM" startup application? If so, if you are using Angel,
things may not work quite right since the program will expect to have GDB
stubs on the board ROM. For a start, you should try making sure that it
handles all exceptions, by enabling the CYGIMP_HAL_PROCESS_ALL_EXCEPTIONS
option. Also disable CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, since GDB stubs aren't
there.

Also, you could set a breakpoint at cyg_start() as well, since that happens
earlier in the startup process, to give you an idea how far it really gets.